All Ugandan nationals living abroad who hold Ugandan Passports are mandated to register their presence with the nearest available Uganda embassy. Ugandan Citizens visiting or residing in the United States are encouraged to register with Uganda's Missions in Washington, DC or , at the Permanent Mission of Uganda to the United Nations in New York. Please note that each member of a household must be registered separately. This includes minors.
Benefits of registration:
Together with the right to hold a Ugandan Passport comes the responsibility to notify the nearest Consular Representation of your whereabouts. ( Pg. 48 of the Passport of the Republic of Uganda ). Among the benefits to us when you register your presence is:
1. To enable effective communication with our nationals for participation in official celebrations, Townhall meetings, developmental activities and publicizing of new services by the Mission
2. To improve our Community's Participation in Economic, Cultural and Social galas in NY, like the Africa Day, Business Symposia, Expos, Tourism exhibitions and Africa Travel Association Events to show-case Uganda
3. Ugandan Product Promotion in New York and Tri-state area with various upcoming companies
We encourage you to share information with us about your areas of specialization. Uganda has a wealth of investment prospects, especially in agriculture, fisheries, forestry, Manufacturing and IT. However, there are several unexplored areas that support any growing economy and many of our diaspora are engaged in these or related activities. We believe that our diaspora are "Agents for Development" and would like to know more about your professions or areas of specialization to explore potential public-private partnerships that are relevant to the developmental needs of Uganda today. By sharing your information with us, you will enable us to:
1. Partner with you to build a stronger, more relevant better coordinated policy commitment towards collaboration with the Uganda diaspora.
2. Improve networks by identifying potential investors for public-private partnerships in various sectors including the health, education and the Tourism and Hospitality sectors, in the construction sector with Parastatals like National Housing and Construction Corporation, Housing Finance Bank to invest in Real Estate Development.
3. Match you with East African
4. We would like to periodically arrange for Town-Hall dialogues on public policy matters affecting our nationals including how we can partner together for the implementation of Uganda Vision 2040