Who needs an entry Visa for Uganda ?
American nationals holding U.S.A passports need an entry visa for Uganda. Naturalized American citizens of Ugandan descent need an entry visa for Uganda. Nationals of the countries listed below are exempted from visa requirements for travel to Uganda. They do , however, need to have a current passport issued by their respective countries.
Members of COMESA: Angola, Burundi, Comoros, Eritrea, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Madagascar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Others exempted are : Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Fiji, Gambia, Greneda, Jamaica, Lesotho, Malta, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, St.Vincent and the Grenadines, Tonga, Vanuatu, Italy (only diplomatic passport holders), Cyprus
In order to qualify for a visa , all intending travelers to Uganda must comply with the following requirements:
1. You must be in possession of a valid passport issued by your government. Your passport must be valid past the date of your expected departure from Uganda, (6 months).
2. Applicants without American passports should have a valid U.S visa or provide a copy of a green card / Resident Permit
3. You must have: An international Inoculation Certificate against Yellow Fever.
4. You must obtain a Uganda Government VISA before entry into Uganda.
5. To obtain a Uganda Government VISA, the following are required:
(a). Applications forms are available online. Visa Application Form Or Apply online using the e-Visa system ( for more information, see www.visas.immigration.go.ug)
(b). Submit your passport and two (2) recent passport - size photographs.
(c). Pay applicable Fees below, by money order or (cashier's cheque) only ; E-visa is payable at the point of entry.
(d). In a secure envelope, enclose your passport, the two photographs, the money order (or cashier cheque) to Uganda Mission.
6. Applications for Visas may be submitted by mail, in person or by E-visa. Applications by post must be accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed USPSExpress Overnight envelope only, for shipping your document(s) back to you.
Any other courier service with traceable delivery methods like FEDEX and DHL
7. Visa applications should be submitted 1 month before travel, at the earliest and not later than four days before travel
8. Mail the package to the Permanent Mission of Uganda to the United Nations 336 East 45th Street, New York, N.Y 10017,
(e). * Allow five (5) working days for your visa application to be processed. for application submitted by mail or in person.
Consulate Section is open Monday to Friday,(Except holidays) between the Hours of 10:00AM to 2:00 PM and from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM